If you’ve owned a Steam account for several years and have continuously purchased new games, it would be interesting to know how much your account is worth. However, the value of a Steam account is not determined by the actual amount of money spent. Instead, it is based on the estimated cost of repurchasing all the games on the account.
To determine the value of your account, follow these steps:
Step 1: Make your Steam profile public
In order to assess the value of your account, you first need to make it public. To do this, go to the privacy settings of your Steam profile.
Step 2: Calculate your account value using the SteamDB calculator
You can calculate the value of your account using the SteamDB calculator. While this website is not officially affiliated with Steam or Valve, the company behind Steam, it is still a reliable source. Here’s how:
- Visit the website and click on “Calculator” if necessary.
- Enter your Steam ID in the provided window. If you haven’t set up a vanity ID, you can find your Steam ID by going to your account details while logged in to Steam.
- Click on your name in the top right corner and then select “Account Details.” Your Steam ID will be displayed at the top, just below "ACCOUNT OF [ACCOUNT NAME].
- Enter your Steam ID in the following format: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/[Your Steam ID].
- Click on “Get disappointed in your life” to view the details of your account.
The actual value of your account will be displayed in green in the top right corner as “Account Value.” The total cost of repurchasing all the games at current prices will be shown in red under “Today’s prices.” Depending on the number and type of games you own, these values can be quite high.
Can I sell my Steam account?
While it may seem very lucrative to sell your Steam account, there are two issues to consider. Firstly, very few people would be willing to pay high amounts, up to thousands of euros, for a Steam account. Most games can still be purchased individually, and creating a Steam account is free. Depending on the situation, it is much cheaper for a potential buyer to create a new account and then buy selected games at discounted prices during sales. Secondly, the legal situation regarding the sale of Steam accounts is quite questionable. Steam itself does not permit the buying and selling of accounts. More information on selling Steam accounts can be found here.