In Stardew Valley, you need Iridium to maximize the upgrades on your tools, craft Iridium Sprinklers, or obtain the coveted Iridium Band. However, Iridium is relatively scarce in the game. We’ll show you how to quickly acquire more of this ore and how to systematically farm it.
Stardew Valley: Farming Iridium
Iridium Ore is the best ore you can find in Stardew Valley. By smelting 5 Iridium Bars from 25 ores, you can bring your tools to their best state for more effective farming on your land. The Iridium Band and Iridium Sprinklers are also very useful, but they can only be crafted with sufficient Iridium. Initially, you can only find Iridium in the following ways:
- Rare spots in the mine.
- High-level monsters occasionally drop Iridium.
- Iridium can be found in Geodes, which can be smashed by the blacksmith Clint.
- In very few chests while fishing.
Relying solely on these sources can take a long time to gather the required 25 Iridium Ore for a tool upgrade. We will now show you how to obtain more ore quickly. Tip: In the following video, you can also learn how to farm Hardwood: Stardew Valley: Farming Hardwood and Accessing the Secret Woods – Here’s How.
Stardew Valley: Insufficient Iridium – Farming More in the Skull Cavern
- Repair the bus to Calico Desert: Stardew Valley: Repairing the Bus to Calico Desert – Here’s How.
- Obtain the Skull Key: Stardew Valley: Skull Key – How to Get It? Where to Use It?
- Ensure that you have the following items in your inventory:
- Gold Pickaxe (recommended) and a sword or other strong weapon.
- About 10 to 15 stacks of 999 stones to craft Staircases. You can quickly obtain a lot of stone in the deeper mines by breaking large boulders with your pickaxe.
- About 10 to 30 Omelettes to replenish energy and health.
- About 20 to 50 Bombs or Mega Bombs to mine Iridium Ore faster.
- A Warp Totem to the farm for a quick return home.
- Craft approximately 16 Staircases from your stones, which should be kept in your inventory.
- Once you have all the required resources, make sure to save your game so that you can start again from this point if anything goes wrong. Here’s how to manually save and load your game in Stardew Valley.
- Travel to the desert as early as possible and enter the Skull Cavern.
- Use Staircases one after another to descend to lower levels. When you run out, craft new ones using your stash of stones.
- Keep doing this until you reach the lowest level possible. Save the last 5 Staircases for future use, depending on your needs.
- You should reach a depth level of 100 to 150 with your resources. Iridium deposits are much more common there, but there are also more monsters.
- When you spot multiple Iridium veins, use Bombs or Mega Bombs to quickly mine them all at once. However, make sure to move away from the blast radius.
- If you get hit by enemies, use Omelettes to regenerate your health.
- If done correctly, you should be able to gather at least 100 Iridium Ore on that day.
- Once you have collected enough Iridium, use the Warp Totem to return to your farm.