SafeSearch is a feature that filters out explicit content from Google’s search results. It is enabled by default for all users, but you can turn it off if you want to see more relevant and diverse results. However, turning off SafeSearch is not the same for every device and browser. Here are the steps to turn off SafeSearch on Google for different platforms and browsers.
Turn off SafeSearch on Google Chrome
Google Chrome is the most popular browser in the world, and it has a built-in option to turn off SafeSearch on Google. Here is how you can do it:
- Open Google Chrome on your device and go to google.com.
- Click on the three-dot menu icon at the top right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Under Privacy and security, click on Sync and Google services.
- Under Other Google services, toggle off the switch next to Safe Browsing (protects you and your device from dangerous sites).
- You can also click on Manage your data & personalization to access your Google account settings and turn off SafeSearch there.
Turn off SafeSearch on Google app
The Google app is a convenient way to access Google’s services on your mobile device. However, it also has SafeSearch enabled by default, which you can turn off by following these steps:
- Open the Google app on your device and tap on your profile picture at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Settings and then tap on General.
- Scroll down and toggle off the switch next to SafeSearch filter.
- You can also tap on Manage your Google Account to access your Google account settings and turn off SafeSearch there.
Turn off SafeSearch on other browsers
If you are using a different browser than Google Chrome or the Google app, such as Firefox, Safari, or Edge, you can still turn off SafeSearch on Google by following these steps:
- Open your browser of choice and go to google.com.
- Click or tap on Settings at the bottom right corner of the screen and select Search settings.
- Under SafeSearch filters, uncheck the box next to Turn on SafeSearch.
- Click or tap on Save at the bottom of the page.
SafeSearch is a useful feature that helps you avoid explicit content on Google’s search results. However, it can also limit your search experience and prevent you from finding what you are looking for. If you want to turn off SafeSearch on Google, you can do so by following the steps above for different devices and browsers. However, be aware that turning off SafeSearch may expose you to inappropriate or harmful content, so use it at your own risk.