If you often fall asleep with music playing, the sleep timer is one of the most useful features that automatically turns off the music or video on your smartphone after a certain time. Unfortunately, YouTube does not have a built-in sleep timer. Luckily, there are some clever workarounds for Android and iPhone users.
## YouTube: Sleep Timer on Android Devices
When it comes to Android, you will have to rely on a third-party app like Sleep Timer. This appropriately named app works as advertised and stops the video or music at the set time. Follow our step-by-step guide or refer to the quick guide below.
## YouTube: Sleep Timer on iPhone
Setting a sleep timer on iPhones is relatively easy. You don’t need any third-party apps for this because you can repurpose the timer function of the built-in Clock app as a sleep timer. Follow our step-by-step guide or refer to the quick guide below.
## Quick Guide: YouTube Sleep Timer on Android
1. Download and install the Sleep Timer app from the Play Store.
2. Open the app and grant the necessary permissions.
3. Tap on the “+” button to add a new timer.
4. Select the desired YouTube app from the list of installed apps.
5. Set the timer duration and tap “Start” to activate the sleep timer.
6. The YouTube video or music will automatically stop playing after the set time.
## Quick Guide: YouTube Sleep Timer on iPhone
1. Open the Clock app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the “Timer” tab at the bottom.
3. Set the desired timer duration for your sleep time.
4. Tap on “When Timer Ends” and scroll down to the bottom.
5. Select “Stop Playing” under the “Media” section.
6. Tap on “Set” and then tap on “Start” to activate the sleep timer.
7. Start playing the YouTube video or music and it will stop at the end of the set time.
Setting a sleep timer on YouTube can greatly improve your sleeping habits, allowing you to enjoy music or videos without worrying about them playing all night. Follow the guides above and have a peaceful sleep with your favorite YouTube content. Sweet dreams!